Lecturer (f/m/d) Journalism and CommunicationWe are looking for a lecturer (f/m/d) to join our team at DW Akademie in Bonn starting 1 July 2023 or as soon as possible under a part-time or full-time employment contract (75% - 100%). The employment contract is initially limited until 31 August 2025, longer term employment is intended.
DW Akademie is Deutsche Welle's center for international media development. The Academic Education and Training department within DW Akademie is major service provider for education, science and training. The Academic Education unit is responsible for all academic activities. This includes the development of a French-language master's programme in the field of media and journalism in cooperation with a French university.
- Design and further development of the module handbook in French
- Preparation of courses based on the module handbook in French
- Participation in the selection process for admission to the master's programme
- Conducting seminars in the French language master’s programme and, if possible, also in the English language master’s programme
- Supporting the programme coordinator in the preparation of proposals and final reports for third-party funded projects
- Participation in public communication activities, event organization and networking with international partners
- University degree with completed doctorate, preferably in the fields of media and communication science
- Experience in planning and conducting courses at universities as well as pedagogical and didactic abilities
- Several years of professional experience in the field of media and journalism, ideally with reference to the regions of North Africa and West Africa
- Interest in development cooperation issues
- Native-level language proficiency in French
- Professional language proficiency (C1) in English desired, German language skills (B1) an advantage
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, ability to work in teams and intercultural competence
The scope of employment of 75% or 100% varies depending on language skills and assigned tasks.
- working in an international environment
- taking part in a dynamic team
- putting your innovative ideas into practice